Monday, April 4, 2011

Follow-up Letter

There are times when a follow-up to your application is necessary to obtain the position you applied for, particularly if you have not received any response from the prospective employer for quite sometime. In such cases, rather than remain idle and await word of the interview, you may write an application follow-up. The letter should be brief, courteous and straightforward. Most employers admire determination and persistence, and favor those individuals who show a definiteness of purpose - a wholehearted interest in a particular position.

Here is a sample of a follow-up letter:


1574 Maganda Street
Greenfields Subdivision
Antipolo City

January 8, 2011



Manila Survey Company, Inc.
7th Floor, Manila Builder's Center Building
6981 Ayala Avenue, Makati City


Attention: Mr. Juan Gabriel, HRD Manager

Gentlemen:

I refer to my application of January 5, 2011 for a Marine Manager position with your company, which was in response to your advertisement in the Classified Ads section of the Manila Today, dated January 3, 2011.

In the letter, I have enclosed my resume which outlined my personal information and employment-related history, along with copies of my college Diploma, Transcript of Records, and Certificates of Attendance to seminars for your reference.

Should you require additional documents in support of my application, or an interview, please do let me know. I can be contacted anytime at telephone numbers, 695-4123, or at the address indicated above.

Thank you in anticipation.

Very truly yours,



Jose Revilla Cruz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...