Sunday, April 3, 2011

Resume

Here is a sample of a resume with a covering letter of application:


January 5, 2011



Manila Survey Company, Inc.
7th Floor, Manila Builder's Center Building
6981 Ayala Avenue, Makati City


Attention:
Mr. Juan Gabriel, HRD Manager


Gentlemen:

Please consider this letter my application for a Marine Manager as advertised in the Classified Ads section of the Manila Today, dated January 3, 2011.

Enclosed are my resume which outlines my personal information and employment-related history, along with my college Diploma, Transcript of Records, and Certificates of Attendance to seminars for your reference.

Should you require an interview, I may be contacted anytime at telephone numbers, 695-4123, or at the address indicated in my enclosed resume.

Thank you.

Very truly yours,



Jose Revilla Cruz

Enclosures

R E S U M E


Jose Revilla Cruz
1574 Maganda Street
Greenfields Subdivision
Antipolo City
Residence 695-4123
Mobile 0917-3214596
E-mail joecruz@yahoo.com


PROFILE

A graduate of Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, major in Accounting from the University of the East, Manila, 2004.


EMPLOYMENT HISTORY

Supervisor - Marine Cargo Department
November 3, 2007 to December 31, 2010
C. B. Armwhite (Surveyors), Inc.
7th Floor, Mariner's Building
Ayala Avenue, Makati City

Marine Cargo Surveyor
March 15, 2005 to October 30, 2007
Bordaje Marine Surveyors, Inc.
2nd Floor, Business Center
Legaspi Street, Salcedo Village, Makati City

Auditor
March 15, 2004 to  March 5, 2005
ACE Auditing, Inc.
18th Floor, Palanca Towers
Palanca Street, Legaspi Village, Makati City

 
In March 15, 2004, I joined ACE Auditing, Inc. as an Auditor where I did examination of the books and other financial records of clients, such as corporations, partnerships, proprietorships, institutions, public bodies, including person or group of persons standing in a fiduciary capacity. It was my responsibility to determine the financial statements of the client fairly, reflecting the results of operations over a designated period of time and the financial position of the client at the end of that period; express a written, responsible opinion as to the fairness of the financial statements in conformity with generally accepted principles of accounting, consistently applied. During this time, however, and in one of my auditing assignments, I had the chance to audit Bordaje Marine Surveyors, Inc., a company engaged in the handling of marine and cargo surveys for insurance companies, shipping companies, and consignees, where I was offered, and consequently took the position of a marine and cargo surveyor in March 15, 2005.

While the job as a marine and cargo surveyor was a complete departure from my usual field of expertise in accounting, I found my new post exciting and
professionally challenging. Here, I was entrusted by the company and given much latitude in the formulation of new policies geared towards the development and success of the business of the company, apart from my usual duties of attending marine cases and preparation of survey reports. During my tenure, I also attended several company sponsored seminars which further enhanced my knowledge and expertise in marine and cargo surveys.

Having gained much expertise in the field, and creditable reputation in the handling of complicated and, at times, controversial cases, C. B. Armwhite (Surveyors), Inc. offered a similar job, but, in a supervisory capacity.

In November 3, 2007, I assumed the position of a supervisor in the marine department, where I was tasked to assist the manager to oversee the daily business operation of the department; ensure that all marine cases assigned to my section were attended immediately, and that clients were advised of the development of the cases. The company also gave me the opportunity to join organizations related to my field which allowed me to meet respected personalities in the marine industry. I held the position until my resignation from the company in December 31, 2010.


SEMINARS ATTENDED

Marine Survey

General Cargo and Hull Survey - January 10 to 15, 2008
Marine Claims and Adjustment - April 4, 2008
Insurance Principles and Underwriting - February 8 to 11, 2009

Accounting

Auditing Principles and Case Problems - October 8 to 10, 2004
Investment in Securities -  November 16, 2004


MEMBERSHIP IN ORGANIZATION


Association of Philippine Marine Companies, Representative
Society of Filipino Marine Surveyors, Treasurer
Association of Philippine Auditors, Member
Makati Jaycees, Commissioner for Publications


REFERENCES

I am permitted to refer you to :

Ms. Miel Castillo, Marine Manager
C. B. Armwhite (Surveyors), Inc.
7th Floor, Mariner's Building
Ayala Avenue, Makati City
895-4112

Mr. Celistino Agudo, Senior Auditor
ACE Auditing, Inc.
18th Floor, Palanca Towers
Palanca Street, Legaspi Village, Makati City
895-6368

Mr. Arturo Fortin, President
Society of Filipino Marine Surveyors
28th Floor, UFG Center Building
6947 Ayala Avenue, Makati City
895-5721


Respectfully submitted,


JOSE R. CRUZ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...